Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Gargrave

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Banchini

Banchini Report 20 Jun 2007 10:36

I have an odd problem connected to the Gargrave ancestor of mine. My grandmother Amelia was born a twin [her sibling being Albert who died aged 5] in 1877. On her birth certificate, her mother was named as Maria [formerly Kirk]. (I haven't yet checked her twin's certificate.) However, on the census from before and after that date, her father was married to a Jane Crosser and the twins were all part of a larger family. Any ideas as to what the answer is to this one? PS I think I may have found the answer, thanks to all the great suggestions sent to me by many of you. It appears that Maria and Jane are one and the same person. On a birth certificate I obtained of one of Amelia's brothers, the mother was down as 'Jane Maria'. So, I think the mystery has been solved. Thanks to everyone who got in touch.