Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Goodchild

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kevin

Kevin Report 7 Nov 2005 23:10

looking for any information on the 'Goodchild' family from around Long Sutton or Hartley Witney in Hampshire, trying to trace relations of George Goodchild ( born around 1836 )married to Ellen, they had 10 children..... are you related ?

Geoff

Geoff Report 4 Oct 2007 08:45

Kevin
We may be related as my grandfather was Arthur James Goodchild from Hartley Wintney. He died in 1941. I can let you have access to the family tree if you like.
Best wishes Geoff Lindsay
02380 631808

Nadine

Nadine Report 13 Nov 2007 05:16

Would George have been a sibling or cousin to Alice Winnifred Goodchild born 1901. Looking for her siblings and parents names

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 13 Nov 2007 19:08

Kevin,

This is interesting. Although I am not sure if there is any relationship,the 1891 census records that Henry Goodchild age 29 and his wife Eliza were living at 2,Coleworth Road,Leyton, Essex.My great-grandfather John Clark and his daughter Emily Clark were visitors on the night of the census. What is interesting to note ,is that John Clark originated from Odiham and Hartley Wintney.