Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Gore

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillen

Gillen Report 21 Jul 2007 19:15

My Gx3 Grandfather was Henry Hesketh Gore (amending his name at the time of his marriage to 'Gower'). He was born around 1749, the son of 'Richard Gore of Newbury', however there is no record of a Richard Gore in Berkshire at that time. HHG was a 'Reverend', married a Susanna Rebotier in 1795, and died in 1810. Many of his male desendants carried the middle name of 'Hesketh', but I haven't been able to make the Gore-Hesketh connection. Does this mean anything to anyone? I have plenty of information on the Rebotiers, if anyone wants it. Thanks