Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Information

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

HelenG

HelenG Report 31 Dec 2007 09:51

Hello, I am trying to find any information on George Gosling who married Maria Turner in London?? Year of birth approx 1857. They migrated to Australia and lived in Brisbane Queensland. He was a lighthouse keeper.

Kind regards Helen

Cherilyn

Cherilyn Report 2 Jan 2008 02:02

Hi Helen

Not sure if you are looking forward or backwards as Tony says, but here are some Qld bdms.

George & Maria had 3 chn in Qld (Brisbane area):

Ada Mary b. 1891/B048527
Edith Lydia b. 1894/B054257
William b. 1896/B059169

It looks like the son Ernest did die at sea in 1889 as Tony suggested (1889/M002891). (I believe the M means 'marine'). So I wonder too if George listed as 10 has been mistranscribed and should read 40?

Daughter Ada married David TRAILL in 1912 (1912/B012114). David & Ada had a son named David John TRAILL in Maryborough in 1913.

:-)

Cheers
Cherilyn