Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Graham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharon

Sharon Report 30 Jul 2007 02:41

Trying to locate descendants of JOHN HENRY JOESPH GRAHAM. Born 1868 - Sunderland. He is listed in the 1871 census as living with his father GEORGE GRAHAM and mother MARY. George was a Sawyer. Children are as follows: Elizabeth aged 20 George aged 17 Robert aged 9 William aged 7 John aged 2 John appears to have married a MARGARET RAMSAY in 1891. On the 1891 census he is listed as living with his father-in-law John Ramsay who was a Tailor aged 54 and a widow. John's listed as being a barber. In the 1901 census John and Margaret are living at 129 Herrington St, Sunderland. They have the following children. Elizabeth aged 14 John aged 9 William aged 7 Victor aged 6 Margaret aged 3 George aged 7 months. They had a servant named Rebecca Robson who was 16 and employed for domestic duties. John is listed as being a Traveller in Bottle Beer. Now the story gets interesting: He appears to have deserted Margaret and the children and came to New Zealand at some point over the next couple of years. He lived with Amy Hilda Mant, born Tasmania 1884. ? date that she arrived in New Zealand. They had three children, one a son died not sure of his name but I think it was John, Lyla born c1905 Thelma born August 1907 - my Grandmother. John and Amy finally married in 1929 at Wanganui, New Zealand. All of the above has been a well kept secret until I started my research. I would dearly love to make contact with any English descendants of John Graham. Regards Sharon Black