Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Green

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 31 May 2007 22:03

I am trying to find my grandmother and her children. My grandmother was Elizabeth Ellen Green born possibly Birmingham in l875ish. Her fathers name was James Griffin. My grandmothers first husband ? Green died in 1913 leaving her with five or six children. They were living in Croydon then. The same year she married John Williams and my mother was born in October that year but I think probably grandmothers first husband was her father and not John Williams. Of the five children two boys were sent to Canada via Barnardos - Frederick and Frank. They sailed on SS Virginian on l3th May 1914 aged l2 and l0 years. My grandmother died on 4th July l916 in Birmingham. She was at that time still married to John Williams who was private 9645 Kings Royal Rifles. I have tried so hard since the mid 80's to find some trace. Thanks for reading. Sue