Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Gresty

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracey

Tracey Report 21 Feb 2006 04:13

FRANK GRESTY, b c1920's, Lancashire or Cheshire Frank's mother was Lily Gresty, b 1902. His father had the surname Gardner/Gardiner/Gardener. Frank was born out of wedlock. Lily later married Herbert Smith and lived in Brading Walk, Wythenshawe where Frank came to visit them whilst serving in the Navy. Circa 1940/1950's. Sadly things didn't work out and that was the last that was heard. Anybody who has information on Frank or his family, please contact me. Thanks.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 10 Nov 2007 01:10

Hello Tracey,
My dad was called Frank Gresty, born c1927 in Cheshire, brought up in Reddish, Salford. I'm having awful trouble finding out anything about him, as he was born out of wedlock too! His 'parents' were called Jim and Phylis, I have no idea which if either was his true parent, but am fairly sure that his 'dad' had a different surname. Dad was a submariner, and I remember as a very small child early 1950s, visiting a family in Wythenshaw, somwhere near an airport, to see a man he told me was his brother. This man was called either Michael or David. The only thing I remember about this visit was that there was a distinct 'atmosphere' the whole time we were there! This man's mum & dad were also there but I can't remember them, I was very young, probably about 4. My mum's name was Beryl, nee Wraith. Dad wasn't demobbed straight after the war, as I was born in 1948 and I remember seeing him in uniform - such a handsome man! I do hope that I've found a connection.
Jackie