Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Biological mother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicci

Nicci Report 19 Dec 2007 18:59

Muriel Nancy Grice nee Smith is my birth mother ( & was a red head .)
I believe she would have been born 1917-1925. I also am led to believe that I have half siblings born prior 1954.
I would really like to find any blood relatives and try to build a past, skeletons and all.

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 19 Dec 2007 19:59

only two I found between 1916 and 1922.
Births Mar 1922
Smith Muriel N Hall Shardlow 7b 1024
Smith Muriel N Leatherland Northampton 3b 64

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 19 Dec 2007 20:04

Sigh, yet another duplicate.

Nicci, you have already posted this request:

http://genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=974197

"19th November 2007 21:26

Muriel Nancy Grice .I don't know if Grice is Muriels maiden or married name . I don't know her exact age . I think she was born around 1920 & lived in Coleshill Meridan around 1954 . Any info would be much appreciated."

and I replied to it. If the results of the FreeBMD search didn't help, what you should do is post again in the existing thread and indicate that those Muriels are not the ones you are looking for, and ask whether anyone can help further.

One post per topic. GR rules. So that people like me and Dorsetbaby don't go doing the same work, especially to find things that, in the case of Dorsetbaby now, you alreayd know.

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 19 Dec 2007 20:10

Thank you for letting me know. Like you say we dont mind helping people but it is so annoying spending time looking for something you already have.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 20 Dec 2007 00:56

Info from Nicci's other thread (in which she thought Muriel's birth surname might have been Grice, so that's what I was actually looking for):

"I think she was born around 1920 & lived in Coleshill Meridan around 1954"

Is Sharlow the most likely birth location in that case? I gather that Coleshill is essentially Birmingham.

May have to wait for more transcribing -- you weren't searching the actual images, were you Dorsetbaby?