Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Griffiths

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Scousemaid

Scousemaid Report 6 Jul 2007 22:32

My grandfather John Henry Griffiths is described as a retired army officer on my father's birth certificate (my father Donald George Griffiths was born 22/03/1922.)I know that my grandfather was considerably older than my grandmother and was perhaps already married! I have found records for a Field Officer of that name who became an officer during the First World War and was a member of the Cheshire Regiment (the equivalent of a Pals regiment) so I assume that this is him I always believed that he came from Wrexham but the most likely candidate for my grandfather is John Henry born to John(from Wrexham Denbighshire) and Mary(from Liverpool) Griffiths born in 1873 in Birkenhead. He had brothers Arthur born 1875 Walter b 1879 and sister Louisa M b 1883. I also understand that he had a newsagents shop/ stall in Liverpool City Centre (probably towards the south of the city) during the 1920s. Does anyone recognise any of this? I've now come to a dead end. Thanks Anne McCann