Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find guy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colleen

Colleen Report 7 Nov 2006 22:32

I am researching my family tree and am a bit of a beginner! I don't have that much to go on, but thought I would post on here just in case anyone new my dad or grandparents, or could help with searches for dates or something - ANYTHING!!!!! :-) My Great Grand Father was HAROLD GEORGE SKINNER and married FLORENCE surname unknown as yet. They had 8 children: GLYN, SHEILA, EUNICE, DYLIS, AVIS, AUDREY, IVOR and my grandfather GEORGE HAROLD SKINNER (born circa 1911 - died 29 Sept 1973) married ALICE ELLEN DRINKWATER (died 6 January 1971) on 2 August 1937. They had four children: PATRICIA (born 1938), LESLEY, CORRINE & NICHOLAS (born 21 Dec 1940 died in South Africa 1992). I think they were all born in Liverpool, and my grandfather, George, was a mechanic and owned a garage at 17 Back Canning Street in Liverpool L18, and lived at 23 Storsdale Road, Liverpool L18. My Great Grand Father was AUTHUR DRINKWATER and married ADA GUY. They had 6 children: Doreen, Brenda, James, Samuel (born 1924 - died 7 Dec 1941), Guy and my grandmother ALICE ELLEN DRINKWATER. If anybody knows anything no matter how small - please get in touch! Cheers Colleen Skinner (daughter of NICHOLAS GEORGE SKINNER) :-)

Susan

Susan Report 4 Jan 2008 22:52

Is this your Ada Guy, born about 1875, Fathers name David Mothers name Harriet, Brother Arthur,Sister Beartrice. All born in Bradenstoke St, Lyneham Wilthsire. You will find her in the 1881 England Census age 6

Sue Guy

Penny

Penny Report 4 Jan 2008 23:33

JUST REALISED HOW OLD THIS MESSAGE IS!

Name: Eunice Skinner
Year of Registration: 1919
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
Mother's Maiden Name: Critchley
District: West Derby
County: Lancashire
Volume: 8b
Page: 1263