Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hainsworth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 22 Oct 2004 02:53

The Hainsworth's of Farsley, Calverley, Pudsey, Stanningley, are probably all descended from the same root person. The earliest I have is Abraham Hainsworth ch 1614 at Calverley Parish Church. His son William Hainsworth b. 1632 of Coate/Cote House (farm) had a daughter Bridget who married Joseph Hainsworth in 1684. Their descendant, Abimelech Hainsworth, first tenanted ( 1783) and then bought Cape Mill at Farsley in 1813 with his brother Joseph and were prominent cloth manufacturers from the 18th century. The firm still trades as A W Hainsworth & Sons making woollen cloth. The Hainsworth's were strongly associated with Farsley Baptist church. I am descended from Abimelech's daughter Sally If anyone has links to this family, I'd like to exchange information. Margaret

Christine

Christine Report 23 Dec 2007 00:24

HI

MY NAME WAS CHRISTINE HAINSWORTH AND SOME OF MY FAMILY CAME FROM PUDSEY, STANNINGLEY, FARSLEY AND CARVERLY

I HAVE SEVERAL ABRAHAMS IN MY FAMILY ALSO WILLIAMS

ONE OF MY RELATIVE CALLED ABRAHAM WAS BORN IN 1614

HE MARRIED A MARGRETT THOMPSON AND THEY HAD A SON CALLED ABRAHAM