Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 HANCOCK census help Please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 13 Dec 2007 22:56

Hello

Please could someone read the 1871 census for me and let me know who is living with
Richard HANCOCK born 1838 Alcester. Factors clerk at No 1 Richards Street Birmingham.

I know his wife and children are but who is the other person with no surname and what relation is she?

I cannot make out if it's an Elvira? I would like to find her on another census.

Thank you Shirley

boas

boas Report 13 Dec 2007 23:51

Hi Shirley

I the 1861 c her name is Eliza Hancock abt 1826 Alcester. Her mother ( widow) is Elizabeth Hancock abt 1795 Fackenhan and Eliza's two siblings are Sarah and Richard

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 14 Dec 2007 00:31

Hello

Thank you Barry and Katiemaw for looking. I can see now it's Elizabeth.

Kind Regards Shirley

boas

boas Report 14 Dec 2007 11:10

Hi Shirley

Not sure whether you go last meesage.

John Hancock abt 1794 = Elizabeth Holton 8/3/1824 Alcester.
Children
James ,Richard sarah and Eliza ( name you had problems with)

Elizabeth a widow in 1861 census.
Elizabeth as widow living with married son Richard in 1871 census and also her daughter Eliza.

Elizabeth Hancock(nee Holton) might have died in Dec 1881 Alcester.