Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hands

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 6 Aug 2004 18:01

My Gt. GT. Grandmother Eliza Dyer nee Underwood had a child named William Henry Hands Underwood in 1849 in Leicester. She was lodging with Ann Hands (widow) also at the same address was Ann's son, William. Eliza was not married at the time and she doesn't give the Father's name on the birth certificate. She then had another child and eventually married my Gt. Gt. Grandfather Thomas Dyer after having several more children. I am interested in the Hands family. Ann came from Hinckley, Leicestershire and married Daniel Hands in 1818. Can anyone help. Yvonne.

JULIE-MAREE

JULIE-MAREE Report 10 Jan 2018 00:09

Hi Yvonne,
My Great Great Grand mother & Father were Daniel & Ann Hands.
Is there anything I can answer for you.

Kind Regards,
Julie-Maree Crotty nee Hands

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Jan 2018 00:35

Hi Julie-Maree

You may have noticed that this post dates back to 2004.

I have no idea whether Yvonne is still active on the site.

You coudl try to send her a message through GR ..........

click on her name, write your message in the box, then click submit.

IF she still has the email address that is on file with GR, she will receive the messaget