Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

does anyone live in the yorkshire area and think t

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Samantha

Samantha Report 25 Oct 2007 14:28

hi to anyone who is reading this,

i am struggling to research my tree in the yorkshire area. i live in kent so it is a long way away and i have limited knowledge of the area, however a distant relation has just found out information about his ancesters via doing an artical/appeal in the local newspaper/newsletters of the area that they came from. i want to try the same but i am struggling to find contact details for the areas i need.

i am looking for ways to contact the people of malton, terrington, thirsk, thirkleby by thirsk, topcliffe, and several other places that i cannot think of from the top of my head. if anyone has got 5 mins to spare could you please have a look for a contact details in you local newspapers or church magazines etc. or even the yellow pages and find any library information for me perhaps.

this help would be very much appriciated

thanks for reading

sam

Mumsie

Mumsie Report 25 Oct 2007 21:43

You could try the North Yorkshire Archives
www.northyorks.gov.uk/archives. They will do research but there is a charge
mumsie