Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hardy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 7 May 2007 12:03

Percy Upton Hardy Trying to find more information about my great grandfather who my grandmother has always known by the name Percy Upton Hardy. According to what my grandmother knows this is the following information: Believes that Percy's parents emigrated to Chicago USA in the possible early 1900's leaving Percy and a brother Frederick behind in Fossdyke, Boston, Lincolnshire, England. Percy was brought up by an old lady affectionally called 'Grandma Bell' according to family called Bell Dawson. Percy married a Sarah Louisa Ashley in Lincolnshire and they had 4 children - Frederick Arthur (1918), Kathleen Victoria (1922), Reginald George (died aged 17 year of birth unknown) and Mary Josephine (1927). These three children are still alive. Percy served in the first world war and suffered shrapnel wounds to the neck and died aged 39 years at Fleet Hospital, Linconshire as far as we know. Percy is buried in the churchyard at Sutton St James, Linconshire, England. Kathleen married Arthur George Lake ( the name Percy Upton Hardy appears on the wedding certificate), Frederick married Regina Eileen James (?), and Mary married Denzil Scott. The family would be very interested in hearing from anyone who knows them or can help them find out more about their father's family.