Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Harper

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vicky

Vicky Report 10 Feb 2005 22:08

Hi there, Does anyone out there have any connection to the HARPER family From APPLETON in BERKSHIRE ?We know that they were also in EATON and DRY SANDFORD, From 1815 and earlier,until some, of the many family members moved to DUDLEY, ROWLEY REGIS<and TIPTON around about 1877. The BATEMANS were in SOUTH NORMANTON DERBYSHIRE. The names connected to this family are HARPER BATEMAN kING SMUIN HARLE BULLOCK All in the 1800s. If you feel that you can connect to these names and the above places I would be pleased to hear from you Best wishes VICKY.

Michele

Michele Report 3 Nov 2007 22:21

Have you ever been to Appleton Graveyard to look at headstones for the above names? I sometimes visit there and could have a look if you are interested.

Jane

Jane Report 13 Nov 2007 10:27

Hello Vicky

My mother's maiden name was Harper. The family lived in the Tipton/Wednesbury area. From the census I have tracked them back in that area to 1881.
Mum married John Bateman in 1943.

Where did you find the Harper-Bateman connection and where do you fit in?!

Jane