Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brenda Moxon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brenda

Brenda Report 7 Aug 2007 22:51

Hello Charlene, Ben Harston was my uncle, one of 9 children, (7 boys and 2 girls). He served in the royal army medical corps in world war 2. Became a male nurse at St.Helens hospital, now barnsley general hospital. His first wife Mary would be your husband's grandma. They had 2 boys Charles & Peter who went away with their mother when they divorced. He remarried Alice Lawrence and has a daughter called Gillian. Charles Edward Harston .M. Mary Collins | Charles (chummy) killed in WW1, age 21 - somme Ethel .M. James Tingey (4 children) Ada-Eddie-Colin-Doreen George .M. Doris ? (2 children) Doreen-Peter Harold .M. Florence (8 children) Harold killed in pit explosion. Jack .M. Emily - No Family Percy .M. Rose (my parents - 3 children) Brenda(me)-Margaret-Melvyn Ben .M. 1. Mary 2. Alice (2 boys)+(1 girl) Charles-Peter-Gillian Alice .M. Maurice (3 children) Susan-John-David Reginald .M. Monica (Don't know about children) I would like your address so i can contact you and i am your husbands grandmas cousin and i have no pictures sorry i did have one picture of my uncle ben it got thrown out when my grandma died. Sorry. If you wish to contact me send a letter to... Brenda Moxon 70 Birkwood Avenue, Cudworth, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S72 8JB Or tell me your address so we can get in touch with each other. p.s i would like to know where abouts it is you live as i am curious to know if you lived close to my uncle ben. Thanks alot. Hope to hear from you soon. From Brenda