Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hawes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 7 May 2007 21:13

I am trying to trace my family tree, my grandfathers name was James Hawes, born in Loudwater in 1889, I believe his birthday may have been November I cannot really remember, I have discovered a Naval record for a James Hawes stating that he joined the Navy in 1916, I also have a certificate showing he had married Minnie Lacey in June of that year (this I know to be correct) I would like to confirm that I have the correct Naval records, and would like to hear from anyone else who may possibly be related.....the ref. no. for James is F18509 (navy record) hoping someone out there may have a clue or can help, I would love to hear from you Pauline