Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hendy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 14 Sep 2006 14:49

I'm am looking for Hendy's who were born on the isle of wight and moved to hampshire. My grandmother was born in southampton in 1917 and was the youngest of 5, Frank, Lenard, Agnes, robert and Edith. Their father Frederick Hendy was born on the Isle of Wight. I have been told many members of the hendy family are still living in the south and i would like to get intouch with any one who has any information about the history of hendy's on the island.

Trevor

Trevor Report 9 Nov 2007 15:17

Hi Alison. Most of my family still live on the island. My father William (born at Lymington 1907) was one of thirteen children. His parents names were James and Francis. I know the names of my fathers brothers and sisters but not DOB. Unfortunately although a big family we didn't get to know many of them as they were spread out. We mainly saw a few of the Hendy's when we visited our Gran/Grandad at East Boldre where the family home was. I don't know if I can be of any help but I do know there were a few Hendy's other than my family living on the island but we had no contact with them