Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hill

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michael

Michael Report 22 May 2007 19:07

Does anyone have any information on a John Hill born in Newton, Cheshire on 31 Jan 1907. The son of Frances Housley and John Hill. I know he had at least three brothers Sydney, James and George. John died in Chesterfield in 1989, I only know very little about him between these dates. My grandma was the only daughter of John Hill and Sarah Hancock, they married in January 1927, my nan was born August 1927 and Sarah died in Septenber 1927. For one reason or another my nan was unofficialy adopted by the family of George's girlfriend and my nan only met her dad a couple of times the last time being around the late 1940's. I imagine John must have remarried and maybe had more children, I don't know when he moved to Chesterfield but I know that while in Cheshire he was a farmer. I would be grateful if anyone had any information on John Hill or maybe the offspring from another marriage, I would love to hear from you. Many thanks, Michael