Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hill

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Francis

Francis Report 10 May 2007 14:17

Hi I am searching the Haigh's family. During a search, I came across two families one of them stemming from the death of my gg grandfather Francis Haigh. Francis died in 1851, his wife Hannah Haigh nee Child re-married the following year to a William Casson a railway worker. A daughter was born to the second marraige, Alice Ann Casson. The second family relates to the marraige of Alice to a John William Hill. In 1907 her son Joseph Edwin Stamford Hill born 26th May 1881, North Street, Leeds, left the Uk to live in the USA. After reaching Chicago Joseph then set up home in Fresno Cal, Alice had lost her husband, so she joined her son in Fresno. Alice Died on the 23rd October 1943, Alice's son Joseph was married to Sarah A also from England. Joseph died March 31st 1950, cremated April 4th,1950. Joseph and Sarah had a daughter and a son. Elsie Hill. b: 4th Dec 1914, of Fresno, later to marry into the O'Rourke's Fresno. Edwin S Hill, b: 21st Aug 1915, Fresno. Later moved to Burbank, L.A. Alice's great grandchild being: Marguerite Alice Hill, Claudia Ann Hill and Edwin S Hill Jn, all of Burbank. Can any one recognise the above informationor or names, if so please make contact so I can tie up loose end and swap info on the families. best regards Frank.