Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Doris Lavinia Hill (Married: Hewitt)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 25 Oct 2007 14:22

Dear All,

I am trying to find some information in relation to my Great Grandmother Doris Lavinia Hill.

She was born in April 1898 (or so we are lead to believe) but are unsure as to where. She live in Walsall as a young girl in Green Lane and Farringdon Street and then when she got married, she moved to Coppice Road, Walsall Wood.

She Married Sidney Charles Hewitt at St Johns Church Walsall Wood on 14 April 1917 aged 19. I have obtained the Marriage Certificate and it tells me that her father was Thomas Hill but it gives me the address of Coppice Road as her last residence. I am also aware that she moved to Brownhills West but came back to Walsall Wood at a later date.

She had four sons, Sidney, Frank, Ronald and Denis.

She died on 5 July 1981 and was buried in Walsall Wood.

What I am trying to find out is where she was born and what was the name of her mother and her brothers and sisters. I have tried to obtain a birth certificate for her but it appears that there is no Doris Lavinia Hill listed with that date of birth. Please help me locate the details of my Great great Grandmother.

Many thanks
Emma x

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 25 Oct 2007 14:32

here is her death
Doris Lavinia Hewitt birthday 24th May 1898 died in Walsall vol 34 page 0389, 3rd qtr 1981.
these are the only two i have found
Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Jun 1898
Hill Doris Warrington 8c 196
Hill Doris Aston 6d 242

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 25 Oct 2007 14:34

you really need to get someone to check the 1901 census for you.

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 25 Oct 2007 14:35

i have access to census but sadly not 1901 or 1851.

Emma

Emma Report 25 Oct 2007 15:10

Thank you, I have details of her death and have found her grave etc. I have checked the 1901 Cenus and have checked the above two references you refer to and she appears to be neither. I have been told by the ONS that her birth may not have in fact been registered and it was not actually uncommon for this to happen.

Thanks once again for your hard work x