Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hilliar

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Keith

Keith Report 5 Jul 2007 19:19

I'm trying to trace a Sidney James Hilliar/Hillier/Hillyer b.1868 in Elstead, Surrey. I've followed him through the various cenuses and surnames until in 1899 he was married to Hannah Barnes b. 1868 in Holkham Norfolk. (Marriage ref..Sep 1899 Uxbridge 3a 82) She appears on on the 1901 census living alone.. I've tried death searches for him until 1940. Tried looking for children but there are too many with that combination of surnames. It occurs to me that they might have emigrated..to the States or Canada..there are similar names on the emigration lists. Could anyone with access to such lists do a lookup for me? If you need more info. then I'll try to assist.Eternal thanks awaits you. Keith Barnes