Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Maureen Hills

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maureen

Maureen Report 13 Jun 2007 18:19

Hi can anyone help in my quest to find out about my childrens fathers family. Their grandad was called Jack (John) Hills who married lice Webb. He was born around 1916 as was Alice. They had 3 children John, my ex Maureen and Michael. Jacks family I beleive were based in London, we were always told that Jacks mother was bought over from Spain as a bride. My ex husband and my children all carry this spanish look. I am not sure where this comes from, but in certain parts of London Jack was known as 'Mad Jack Hills. Please if you have heard of the family please contact me. When I met the family in 1960 they klived in Stratford. east London. Thanks Maureen