Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hiscock

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 1 Jul 2007 03:54

Hello, I am hoping that some one out there can shed some light on my Great Grandmother Emily Hiscock born in Pewsey, Wiltshire in 1875. She had a son - Frederick 8.1.1896 born at Netheravon, Wiltshire. That is all the info on his birth certificate. However, Emily married Thomas Dyke on 5.5.1898 and my Grandfather was then known as Frederick Dyke. There does not seem to be any adoption papers changing his name. Emily then went on to have at least 8 more children and I have the names of 3 brothers and they are Charlie (1898) Noah (1901) & Arthur Dyke (1909), Arthur and Charlie lived in Bristol England as adults, When my Grandfather married, on the certificate it has his name as Frederick Thomas Dyke and he married Ellen Caroline Pike on 22.6.1919. Frederick Thomas and Ellen Caroline Dyke along with their son and daughter, Frederick Henry born 8.4.1920, Nora Helen 20.8.1921 left England by ship and moved to Bunbury, Western Australia where a second son was born George Arthur 3.4.1924. I really hope that there is someone out there that can shed some light on this branch of the Hiscock tree.