Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Clifford James Hodges (c1920)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Soulmajik

Soulmajik Report 16 Sep 2007 12:15

My mother was reluctant to talk about my father but I managed to get some snippets of information. They were never married although I understand he was married to another at the time of my birth in Northampton. I know the name of two of his children, a boy called Anthony and a girl called Gillian or Jillian who died as a baby, but not the name of his then wife. Apparently his mother lived at Far Cotton in Northamptonshire. There are also links to Kent as he had traced my mother there some months later. I also understand that the "News of the World" had a report of his divorce sometime during the period of 1957-1961. I'm not sure how to access newspaper archives from that time, or if they exist.

Can anybody give me some useful sources that I might try? Perhaps someone recognises something from what little information I have. I'm fairly new at this and I'm happy to do my own searches but would like to focus these rather than use a scattergun approach.

Thanks.

Addenda: Known address for my mother and father at the time of my birth was 153 St Edmunds Road, Northampton

Melissa

Melissa Report 26 Dec 2007 02:05

hi this may be way off the mark but out of curiosity do your hodges have any links to lichfield or Dublin? If so are your dates exact? If not i may be able to trace a link to my tree Melissa

juma

juma Report 26 Dec 2007 12:50

There is a death reference as follows
Clifford James Hodges DOB 23/4/1920
Died Sept 1999 Wakefield Yorkshire
Ref C35A 189

Might be worth ordering cert to find informants address