Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Horney

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joan

Joan Report 5 Jul 2005 16:09

WILLIAM HORNEY I am trying to locate a William Horney who was born on the 7th August l899 and who lived at 22 Pardow Street Kent Road London. His parents are Elizabeth (nee Nowlan) and David Horney. I understand that he was in the Metropolitian Police and that he married my Husband's Grandmother - Amy Edith Darby. Does anyone have any information please.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 29 Apr 2018 23:52

I know your post was a long time a go, but i was looking for my Aunt Amy Edith Horney as she was my great uncle Peter's long time partner. Amy was not my blood relative, but was with my uncle for many years. If it is the same Amy your William Horney must have died as she was with my uncle for a long time. Does your husband remember his Grandmother Amy, as i'm sure she had a child when she was in service and gave him up for adoption. Hope this might help.

Dea

Dea Report 30 Apr 2018 09:04

According to 1939 census William was still single, a Potato Dealer, and living with his parents David + Elizabeth ??

It is 13 years since Joan posted this thread and she probably won't be looking for replies. If you want help with 'your' Amy then I would advise you to start a new thread of your own, giving all the details you have and we can see what we can come up with.

Best Regards,

Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 30 Apr 2018 10:30

This is 'an' Amy Edith Horney on 1939 register but she is with a George H Horney, not a William ???
?????
Horney Household (2 People) 64 Lofting Road , Islington, London, England
Start free family tree
View original image
Print
First name(s) Last name(s) DOB Occupation
Amy E Horney 24 Feb 1900 ***** Unpaid Domestic Duties
George H Horney 27 Dec 1876 General Builders Labourer

Births Jun 1900
Darby Amy Edith Paddington 1a 2 Scan available - click to view

Her christening confirms she is the one on 1939:

Name Amy Edith Darby
Gender Female
Record Type Baptism
Baptism Date 27 May 1900
Baptism Place St Marylebone St Barnabas Westminster, England
Father Joseph John Darby
Mother Mary Ann Darby
Register Type Parish Registers
Household Members
Name Age
Amy Edith Darby
Mary Ann Darby
Joseph John Darby
Born 24th Feb. 1900 *****

This is her in 1911:

1911 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
7 Westbury Road Harrow Road Paddington, Paddington, London & Middlesex, England

Learn more
Print View image Start free family tree
Household Members
First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Sex Age Birth year Birth place Occupation
Joseph John Darby Head Married Male 47 1864 London St George Hanover Square House Painter's Labourer
Transcription
Mary Ann Darby Wife Married Female 47 1864 Middlesex Uxbridge Charwoman
Transcription
Amy Edith Darby Daughter - Female 11 1900 London Paddington School
Transcription
George Edward Darby Son - Male 9 1902 London St Marylebone School
Transcription
Alice Elizabeth Darby Daughter - Female 6 1905 London St Marylebone

Do you have any further details about 'your' Amy to confirm this is the correct one, or discount it please?

Dea x

P.S. - The above Amy died in 1986 - is she 'your's' ??

First name(s) AMY EDITH
Last name HORNEY
Gender Female
Birth day 24
Birth month 2
Birth year 1900
Age -
Death quarter 4
Death year 1986
District Islington
Register number 1086
County London