Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone help please???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

June

June Report 28 Dec 2007 16:28

I am trying to find any info on my Great Grandfather. His name was either Charles Albert Hunt or Albert Charles Hunt. He was married to Maria Dungworth. They lived in Conisbrough and Denaby Main in South Yorkshire. He was killed in the Cadeby Pit disaster in 1912. I don't know anymore about him. Is there any one out there who can shed a bit of light on him? Thank you June

Heather

Heather Report 28 Dec 2007 16:58

The 1901 Albert would only be 14 for the Hunt/Dungworth marriage in 1904 though :(

Heather

Heather Report 28 Dec 2007 17:01

I dont know the areas north of Watford - is this the death in the pit disaster? Take it you have googled for info on that.

me: Charles A Hunt
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1884
Year of Registration: 1912
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
Age at Death: 28
District: Doncaster
County: Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Yorkshire - West Riding
Volume: 9c
Page: 755

doddsy1

doddsy1 Report 28 Dec 2007 17:16

In 1901 there is a Charles Hunt aged 19 and he is a Boarder staying in Denaby and was born in Birmingham, Warwickshire