Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MCGUIRE

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elaine

Elaine Report 28 Nov 2009 15:13

Hi
Can any body help..im looking for information on John Mcguire..sorry dont no when he was born, but he married Mary Salmon in lancaster Sept 1884, sorry not got marriage certificate on them,cant find them on census's wondering if any one could help find them for me , and if possibly they had children...
ive got a death for mary 1891.. but not sure about John her husband.. sorry its not much infor but this is all i have..
hope you can help
thanks
elaine

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 28 Nov 2009 16:51

How old was Mary when she died? Where did she die? and when did she die?

Elaine

Elaine Report 28 Nov 2009 16:56

Hi Londonbelle
sorry mary died jun1891.. she was 31.... lancaster

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 28 Nov 2009 17:02

I've looked in the death registration index and can't see a death for Mary in either Jun qtr or Sep qtr 1891 .....are you sure of the year of death? If so how do you know when she died?

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 28 Nov 2009 17:06

There is this death....surname spelt 'MaGuire' and age 34 not 31 ......could this be her?

Deaths Jun 1891

MAGUIRE Mary 34 Lancaster 8e 678

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 28 Nov 2009 17:17

If the above death is right possible 1891 census?

Name: John Maguire
Estimated birth year: abt 1856
Relation: Head
Spouse's name: Mary
Where born: Lancaster, Lancashire, England

Civil parish: Lancaster
Ecclesiastical parish: St Thomas
Town: Lancaster
County/Island: Lancashire

Street Address: 9 White Cross Court

Condition as to marriage:

Education:

Employment status:

View image

Registration district: Lancaster
Sub-registration district: Lancaster
ED, institution, or vessel: 17
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
John Maguire 35 occ Plumbers Lab
Mary Maguire 34 b Ireland
Jane Maguire 6
John Maguire 4
Patrick Maguire 3

John & children born Lancaster

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 28 Nov 2009 17:49

Elaine...There was another child to Mary and John born 1891*Mary Ann* birth Registered March 1891..

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 28 Nov 2009 17:58

Possible for John 1881...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Household:

Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability
Ann MAGUIRE Head W Female 45 Castle Bar, Ireland Housekeeper
John MAGUIRE Son U Male 25 Lancaster, Lancashire, England Army Reserve
Ellen MAGUIRE Daur U Female 22 Lancaster, Lancashire, England Hawker
James MAGUIRE Son Male 19 Lancaster, Lancashire, England Mill Hand (Cotton)
Thomas MAGUIRE Son Male 17 Lancaster, Lancashire, England Mill Hand (Cotton)
Mary MAGUIRE G Daur Female 4 Lancaster, Lancashire, England Scholar
Thomas MAGUIRE G Son Male 2 Lancaster, Lancashire, England

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source Information:
Dwelling 22 James St
Census Place Lancaster, Lancashire, England
Family History Library Film 1342019
Public Records Office Reference RG11
Piece / Folio 4263 / 110
Page Number 36

Its essential you get their Marriage Cert before you can move any further...

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 28 Nov 2009 18:10

Elaine...A further check has shown 2 Salmon Deaths Registered for 1870..(Lancaster)
March Quarter Jane Salmon aged 55yrs.
June Quarter Jane Salmon aged 60yrs.

Given that the eldest daughter of Mary and John was named Jane it is highly probable that one the above |(Likely the first.. March Quarter aged 55yrs.) is the wife of Patrick Salmon (1881Census) and mother of Mary ...this however is all speculation in the absence of any concrete evidence.

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 28 Nov 2009 21:24

Elaine...Have just found another thread relating to McGuire /Salmon you posted Friday...obviously the info.re Mary (posted here) you already have but where does "daughter" Bridget b.1838 come into the picture...??

Elaine

Elaine Report 2 Dec 2009 11:04

hi Eringrobragh1916
thank you very much for finding the information for me , the question about bridget she is patrick eldest daughter she was born 1838 Ireland . i found her on 1861 census & 1871 census she married John Timlon(timlin) 17th July 1859 Lancaster her father name Patrick salmon Labourer... she had 3 children mary jane john .. she died 1878 lancaster. i found her no prob , but struggled with father and the rest of her brothers & sisters ...so bridget the eldest sister to mary and the others hope this helps ..thanks again
elaine

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 2 Dec 2009 18:14

Evening Elaine....
Thank you for the info.
I imagine that the age given as 60yrs for Patrick may be a little bit out given Brid was born 1838..(he would only be about 17/18 at the time)...No matter will look at that later....If Brid was the eldest then there are def.other children as John (1881) is only 24yrs so born abt 1857ish....big gap between 1838 and 1857.....
The John Timling (lodger) aged 16yrs is probably the son of Brid.and John Timlin...grandson to Patrick.

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 2 Dec 2009 18:19

Elaine....Forgot to add Timlin is a Co.Mayo surname....

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 2 Dec 2009 18:32

Elaine...Just for ref: 1881 Census...John Ts. parents and looks like his children although down as son and daughter to Thomas ...I dont think so..!!!!

Thomas TIMLIN Household
Male

Other Information:
Birth Year
Birthplace Mayo, Ireland
Age 74
Occupation Genl Labr
Marital Status M
Head of Household Thomas TIMLIN
Relation Head
Disability

Source Information:
Dwelling 11 White Cross Yd
Family History Library Film 1342020
Piece / Folio 4267 / 54
Page Number 49

Notice they are only a few doors from Patrick and family...will send you the full trans.ifyou havent got it...

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 2 Dec 2009 21:29

Elaine...I have had look through my Westport records and these are the only Salmon marriages I have been able to locate so far relative to the birth date of Bridget (1838) .All RC.

Jan. 20. 1833 John Salmon to Anne McGloughlan
Feb.26. 1838 Peter Salmon to Mary Reilly
Feb 22 1841 Patrick Salmon to Margaret Salmon.

Given we dont yet know Patricks wife (Marys mothers name) the above are just for ref.
Patrick may well have married in the another parish....

Elaine

Elaine Report 8 Dec 2009 09:55

morning ErinGobragh1916
Once again thankyou so much for helping me with Salmon & timlin ..saga ive made a note of the infor you have found fo the last section for marriage of patrick is still a mystery for me, like you said he might have been married in another parish..i see what you mean with the dates i wondered if he married twice maybe.. with first daughter having aquite a few years between next sibling...it just makes me wonder as they were in ireland when ,the potato famin,was then,, they possibly moved to england with his first wife died over there.. in tow with children ...i notice a carthryin flyn is on 1881 census with them she seem to have come with them probably a friend...???umm interesting..

Elaine

Elaine Report 8 Dec 2009 10:13

hi me again erin...
yer i see what you mean trying to confuse you with what you have found..big gap between children ....see later on bridget married john) timlin they had a few children who died years after each other so did himself.. leaving bridget a widow.
they seem to be together as neighbours and living in each other houses at the time..too, Patrick her father spread himself by the sounds of itbridget left home after 1851 when the came to england.. patrick left ireland to escape for better life i presume with children..nice to no im
trying to get a picture of them ..thanks to your help..very much appreciated...
elainex

Elaine

Elaine Report 8 Dec 2009 10:23

me again just thinking as you do .. when you said you checked westport records for bridget birth..(trying to find parents) what, about his son john the other siblings to patrick , John brn 1857 and also daughter mary, have you found anything on them ,maybe? might tell you who parents are
thanks x

Elaine

Elaine Report 8 Dec 2009 10:31

also forgot to ask if you could send full transcript on timlin household , if you dont mind

thanks again xx

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 8 Dec 2009 15:31

Afternoon Elaine....

This is the Timlin Family....

Household:

Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability
Thomas TIMLIN Head M Male 74 Mayo, Ireland Genl Labr
Mary TIMLIN Wife M Female 64 Mayo, Ireland
Anthony TIMLIN Son U Male 28 Lancaster, Lancashire, England Genl Labr
Mary TIMLIN Daur U Female 24 Lancaster, Lancashire, England Cotton Drawer
Ellen TIMLIN Daur Female 10 Lancaster, Lancashire, England Scholar
Annie TIMLIN Daur Female 5 Lancaster, Lancashire, England Scholar
James TIMLIN Son Male 1 Lancaster, Lancashire, England

Source Information:
Dwelling 11 White Cross Yd
Family History Library Film 1342020
Piece / Folio 4267 / 54
Page Number 49
Household:

I would suggest that Ellen
Annie and James are grandchildren as opposed to "Children"..