Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hugh Jackson born sep 1936

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vicky

Vicky Report 25 Oct 2007 11:07

I am trying to find a registar of my grandad Hugh tierney Jackson born sep 1936 so I can order a birth certificate but I cant find it any where I have his death as March 1998 Westminster and I know he married Joyce in 1969.
As I was growing up I remember he worked for the post office

I would like to go back further and thought if I could get a birth certificate I could find his parents name.

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 25 Oct 2007 11:17

Name Date of Birth Registration District Year of Registration Month of Registration
JACKSON, Hugh Tierney 21 September 1936 Westminster 1998 March District No 2581A
Reg No A41C
Ent No 281
Dor 398

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 25 Oct 2007 11:21

Do you have any idea where he was born. As I can a couple of possibles.
One born in Chester-le-s and the other born in Barton. The only other possible has a H for his middle name but then I guess it could be a mistake. born in Brixworth. Do you know if he had any siblings that you know the name of. Or any other info that will help decide which one it is.

Vicky

Vicky Report 25 Oct 2007 11:26

I was told as a child he came from scotland but not sure. He didnt have any children that I know of as for siblings I dont know thats why I was trying to find his Birth Cert.

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 25 Oct 2007 11:40

May well be that they are not him then and he was born there. Sorry I can not check for Scotland.