Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Jakeway

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kay

Kay Report 12 Oct 2004 17:27

I am trying to find any connection to the jakeway side of my family. My grandfather was Richard 1904 - 1950 born in Shrewsbury. Mothers name Sarah Jane Cookson from St Athens,Wales, His Fathers name I don't yet know. He had 8 brothers, Albert,George, William, Ernest, Herbert, Percy, Lennard and Robert. He married Elizabeth Winterbotom (My nanna) unfortunatly that is all I know at present. Any help please

Annette

Annette Report 1 Jan 2008 16:10

Hi, My name is Annette Jakeway, I was wondering if your Jakeway name has derived from the Jackways like mine. My ancestor John Jackways 1818 - 1872 married a Charlotte Hancock 1813 - 1905 in Sandford, Somerset.They had a large family. Of two of their children I have not been able to trace any of their decendants, they are, James Jackways b 1845 and William b 1847. I am decended from their brother Thomas. Their father was called Hugh 1755-1833 and married Sarah Preston in 1814 in Churchill, Somerset and his father was Hugh Jacques 1708-1777 married to Ann Stock 1711-1774
All my straight line decendants including myself have been born in Sandford, Somerset.

Another of the brothers (Harry/Henry) left England in the late 1800's to emigrate to New Zealand and set up a dynasty of Jackways there.

Don't know if this is any help, good hunting.