Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Twins

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

rosebud

rosebud Report 16 Feb 2010 18:47

Hi - would someone be able to tell me iff a child was born still-born would there have been a birth certificate given to them.I am looking for my great uncles who were twins but i cannot find any entry in the birth index. They were born in June 1937 to my great grandmother mary elizabeth james.

Sarah

Sarah Report 16 Feb 2010 18:54

Hi Rosebud
I might be wrong but I do believe still births had to be registered after about 1940 I say this because I was looking for a still birth around that time and read somewhere that they legally had to be regestered but before that date no. Sorry not much help really.
Best Wishes sarah

rosebud

rosebud Report 16 Feb 2010 18:57

thank you sarah

Cassidy

Cassidy Report 16 Feb 2010 19:01

Hi,Only from my own family experience..my sister,who was stillborn had neither a Birth Reg...or Death Reg.

Think there may be a different register.You may be able to find out from the GRO.

Cass

rosebud

rosebud Report 16 Feb 2010 19:03

Thank you cass for your help.