Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find my husbands father

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maureen

Maureen Report 12 Mar 2010 15:18

my husbands father was named idris antony james my husband was named after him he was born in wales. he married irene lawrence and they had 2 children idris and patricia he was a limosine driver my husband hasent seen his father since he was 2 years old but my husband is now 67 so his father might not be alive i would be grateful if any one has any info maureen james

Irish Gel

Irish Gel Report 12 Mar 2010 16:13

Hi Maureen..try search trees on here there are lots of Idris Jame's on record...to do that you look in the dark aqua bar above the thread heading and click on it ..fill in the name sections and approx year of birth and that will show you how many there are...happy hunting

Gee

Gee Report 12 Mar 2010 18:57

Theres a few to choose from but this looks like the marriage. If you buy the certificate it will show the age and then we can search further

England & Wales, Marriage Index: 1916-2005
about Idris James
Name: Idris James
Spouse Surname: Laurence
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1940
Registration district: Aldershot
Registration county (inferred): Hampshire
Volume Number: 2c
Page Number: 821
Find Spouse: Find Spouse

His birth? Any other info you have will help

England & Wales, Birth Index: 1916-2005
about Idris A James
Name: Idris A James
Mother's Maiden Surname: Price
Date of Registration: Oct Nov Dec 1927
Registration district: Newport M
Registration county: Wales
Volume Number: 11a
Page Number: 402 (click to see others on page)

x