Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Steven James 1959 family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Courtney

Courtney Report 4 Feb 2011 03:01

I am trying to do a family tree for my son. Although my partner doesn't know much about his family. Could someone help me find the parents and siblings of Steven James 1959 born in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear?

Thank you

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 4 Feb 2011 04:01

Is Steven your partner and has he agreed to the info being posted here?

Or is Steven your partner's father .......... ?

It isn't allowed to post personal info about living people here without their consent, so if you could clarify that it would be helpful.

Courtney

Courtney Report 4 Feb 2011 12:50

He is my partners father and he has asked me to research his family tree but we are doing it in my sons name

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 4 Feb 2011 12:57

Your easiest (And most accurate) starting point will be to obtain a copy of the 1959 birth certificate. That should list the individuals parents names together with the fathers occupation and the mothers maiden name.

Once you know that it should be possible to discover when the parents married (I'm assuming that they were married). Their marriage certificate should then take you back towards earlier generations.

Flick

Flick Report 4 Feb 2011 13:04

Can you check your dates, please?

No birth record on Ancestry matching the info you give

Is Steven happy to be discussed on here? Or is he unaware?

Courtney

Courtney Report 4 Feb 2011 14:51

He has just been to my house and said the date I have given are correct.
He said he was born in Sunderland although he is to believe his mother was from Ireland. His mother went by the name of Beggleton in the UK although he believes when she was over in Ireland she went by the name of O'Neil although he is unsure which is why there is much confusion and I can't get far on his side of the family

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 4 Feb 2011 14:56

Sent pm

Flick

Flick Report 4 Feb 2011 15:12

The first name is actually Stephen!