Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ruth Touhey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ruth

Ruth Report 29 Mar 2005 22:43

JAMES family from LONDON Looking for any info on the families of the following: Charles JAMES b 1828 in Westminster. He married Sara b 1829 Lambeth. To date have traced 7 children Sarah b 1854 St Pancras Charles Henry (my descendant) b 1856 St Giles Hospital Peckham Andrew b 1861 Lambeth George b 1863 Marylebone Frederick b 1870 Lambeth Emma b 1868 Lambeth Thomas b 1865 Marylebone. 1871 census shows his occupation as coachsmith living in Lambeth. By 1881 he was widowed but his sister-in-law had moved in (to raise children?). Was by then still living in Lambeth but his occupation was that of Driller in Engineers (?!) His son, Charles Henry JAMES married Elizabeth SMITH b 1863 married circa 1850 and I they had 8 children Nellie (my grandma) b 1897 Florence b 1895 Bertha Elizabeth b 1901 James William b 1890 Sydney b 1900 Albert By 1901 census Charles Henry JAMES was a metal plater living in Clapham. Later moved to Eastleigh in Hampshire to work on the railways. Have some limited info relating to my Grandmother's siblings and their offspring. Any information would be gratefully received Regards - Ruth Touhey

Ann

Ann Report 1 Oct 2007 17:37

Hello Ruth. I notice you have a lot of the James family mentioned and from the London area, do you have a Ronald James married to a Olive James in your family history. love to hear from you Ann

Jackie

Jackie Report 18 Jan 2008 19:25

Hi Ruth
My James family originate from Westminster, Lambeth area, and we seem to share alot of first names within our tree, but not exact date of births. It is possible that there is a link that goes beyond the dates that you have mentioned. It am willing to give you access to my tree if it helps at all, and if you agree, it would be good to have a look at your tree to see if there is any link.
regards, Jackie James