Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cornelius John James

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 24 Aug 2007 13:10

My grandfather and grandmother were Cornelius John James and Julia Sophia James( maiden name Harvey. They were married in1894 in Wolverhampton Her fathers name was David and mothers name was Mary. Her siblings were John, Mary, Lucy, Caroline, Arthur.
My grandad and gran had 9 children who were
Freida. Claude, Winnie, Mona, Leslie,Lionel, Eric,
Douglas,Ida

Christine

Christine Report 24 Aug 2007 13:40

where was this and about when

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 1 Sep 2007 10:09

Hi Christine. Im sorry I really have no idea about my grandparents. I would imagine my grandfather wold have been born around the 1870s. No idea where. I know my Dad Lionel was born in Pontypridd May 1903 and his sister Freida was born in 1896 ( dont know where) She would have been one of the older siblings , I think Mona wasthe eldest. Would be great if you can help.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 21 Mar 2008 08:06

Hi Christine. I have found more info on my grandad His first name was Cornelius and second John. He married Julia Sophia Harvey in 1894 in Wolverhampton and they had 9 children. Freida and Mona born in Wolverhampton, Lionel born in Pontypridd, Leslie Claude Winnie Ida Eric and Douglas whose birth places I do not know.
My gran had siblings John, Mary, Lucy, Caroline, Arthur All born in Wolverhampton.
Cynthia

David

David Report 21 Mar 2008 12:35

Here are some birth registrations:

Births Sep 1896 (>99%)
James Freda Clarissa H Wolverhampton 6b 572

Births Jun 1886 (>99%)
JAMES Lionel Thomas Pontypridd 11a 479

Births Jun 1903 (>99%)
James Lionel Oswal Pontypridd 11a 528

possibles:
Births Jun 1903 (>99%)