Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Winifred James born S Wales

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Louise

Louise Report 29 Aug 2007 22:19

Please can anyone help, my grandmother was called Winnifred James and was born in South Wales. Her relatives were Romany Gypsy's. I cannot find a birth certificate for her or a marriage certificate to my grandfather Jack Olds from Warwickshire. Winnifred was born in 1913 and died Sept 1988. I have had everyone on the case, even the kind staff at the local records office tried to find details, but no joy. Please can someone help.

Many thanks Louise

Alyson.

Alyson. Report 29 Aug 2007 23:04

Hi Louise.
Did they have any children ??
When were the children born ??

Alyson

Louise

Louise Report 31 Aug 2007 19:04

Hi Alyson,

Jack and Winnifred had eight children. One was my dad. They both lived in Warwickshire. My gran died in Warwickshire in 1988.

Her mother we think was called Mary James. She died in Warwickshire, but her family buried her back in S Wales. We think around the Swansea area, apparently there is a family crypt?

My dad remembers a uncle william, aunty Roseanna and aunty Bridget, these were Mary and not Winifred's brothers and sisters. We think we know Winifred was an only child but we know no more. We are really stuck at the moment, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Manny thanks

Louise