Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irish Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carole

Carole Report 20 Nov 2007 22:05

William Jardine was born in 1840 in Ireland. He later moved to Scotland - Lanarkshire - where he married JANE and they had at least a dozen children. Does anyone know of how I can trace his Irish ancestry back - is there a good website ? Thanks. Caz.

Heather

Heather Report 20 Nov 2007 22:15

Afraid not Carole, Irish ancestors tend to disappear in a black hole.

You can buy his marriage cert which will give his fathers name and occupation, so that would be a good start. But there is very little on line.

Nip over to Tips Board and do a search for Irish research - lots of helpful links.

Christopher

Christopher Report 20 Nov 2007 22:58

Caz I just tried Google-Jardine-Ireland and got two hits, try it.
Chris O'Hara

Carole

Carole Report 21 Nov 2007 21:28

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Where do I apply for his birth certificate Heather ?

Thanks. Caz.

Astrid

Astrid Report 21 Nov 2007 21:36

Carole

Try the parish priest if you know where he was born. They will search parish records for a small fee.

astrid

Astrid

Astrid Report 21 Nov 2007 21:37

Carole

Try the parish priest if you know where he was born. They will search parish records for a small fee.

astrid