Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Susan Taylor

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 6 Jul 2007 04:19

I am trying to find any family members or any research information regarding my father's family. ARTHUR JAMES JOHNSON. From County Durham and/ or Liverpool, then Ireland, then Liverpool, some in Birmingham some in Nottingham. FATHER: Arthur James Johnson. DOB 31/05/1901 Eire. of british parents. ARTHUR OR JOHN as he was known; SIBLINGS- some of> Joy Ethelreah.. ;Violet Evelyn,; Henry Lawrence,; Myrtle Grace,; Victor;, Robert; Eva; Albert(present at Lucy's death) Blanche; Mark. Harold. ARTHUR'S FIRST MARRIAGE to Ethel May Powell a widow from West Derby, Liverpool. Her father was Edgar James Wormold a Newsagent in Liverpool opposite the race course. CHILDREN from this marriage Jeffrey Powell from Ethel's 1st marriage, Norma Joan Johnson, 1929; Kenneth Arthur Johnson 1931; Margaret Ethel 1936 All born in Liverpool. During the war Arthur,Ethel and the children moved to Yorkshire to Luddenden near Halifax. Arthur joined the army as a Lorry Driver. ARTHUR and his brother VIC bought an old supply house from the army and turned it into a private club. ON TOP OF THE HILL ON THE CNR. DAISY RD. THORNEYWOOD, NOTTINGHAM. ARTHUR /JOHN LIVED ACROSS THE ROAD AT 20 Daisy Rd.Arthur or Johnny, left for Australia in 1949 with his new family. I think Vic's two children were Christine and Rosemary. Their mother Winni later divorced Victor. Rumour is that Vic bought some picture houses ( Movie theatres) after he sold the club. Arthur or John's sister in law was MAY, of 128 SPRINGFIELD RD KINGSHEATH BIRMINGHAM. I think she may have been widowed. her family came down from County Durham to live with her. SECOND MARRIAGE; Olive Ellen Allchin. in Nottingham. 1947 CHILDREN; Susan Anne born 1947 Nottingham/ Marian Evelyn born 1953 Brisbane Australia. GRANDPARENTS: HENRY ALBERT JOHNSON a Tailors Cutter. AND LUCY ELIZABETH (ROBINSON) JOHNSON DOB 1873. Died Birmingham. 2nd June1943 at her son ALBERT'S home.38 WOODFIELD RD BIRMINGHAM. Hoping to hear soon. Susan