Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Leslie johnson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Penelope

Penelope Report 6 Nov 2007 20:04

I am trying to find my grandads parents and thier parents so i can get back to the 1901 cencus and trace the rest of my direct family His name was Leslie Johnson born 1920 in Wensbury he had 12 brothers and sister and lived out his married life in Hereford if anyone can help would be most greatfull

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 6 Nov 2007 20:08

Is your grandfather still with us? If not do you know when he died. As should be able to get his birth from his death. There are loads of Leslie Johnsons born in 1920, so need more info.

Penny

Penny Report 6 Nov 2007 20:12

right sort of area - do you know his mother name - or maiden name?

Name: Leslie Johnson
Year of Registration: 1920
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
Mother's Maiden Name: Wick
District: Stafford
County: Staffordshire
Volume: 6b
Page: 11

did he have a sister Kathleen?

Penelope

Penelope Report 6 Nov 2007 20:13

No my grandfather died in October 2000 I know that his mothers surname was Ellis she was born in Dudley and his dad was born in wensbury some of there other children were harry arther sid ralph mary bertha known as bird and anne they lived on wood street we think in wensbury

Penny

Penny Report 6 Nov 2007 20:16

Thats Wednesbury , as in what we now call west midlands, yes?

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 6 Nov 2007 20:21

Name Date of Birth Registration District Year of Registration Month of Registration
JOHNSON, Leslie 10 December 1921 Hereford 2000 October District No 5161A
Reg No A20D
Ent No 229
Dor 1000

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 6 Nov 2007 20:37

Ihave looked for a birth with the mothers maiden name Ellis but nothing so far.

Penelope

Penelope Report 7 Nov 2007 18:35

thank you for your help yes Wednsebury is the west midlands its next to Dudley i believe