Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Jones, Joiner/carpenter son of John Jones,

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joseph

Joseph Report 27 Dec 2007 23:49

I am trying to find the birthplace of my Great-Grandfather Thomas Jones. all I know is that he was a Carpenter/Joiner, born in Carmarthenshire c1837 0r c1842 he was living in Landore in 1867 when he married Mary Thomas c1823 in Llangyfelach. they lived in Heol Ddu, next door to the Joiners Pub (now gone) he died in 1893. His widow Mary then married Benjamin Francis, a widower also living in Heol Ddu. Llangyfelach. Thomas's father was John Jones, described as a Miller on Thomas's marriage Certificate. Woolen Miller? I do not know. I believe is mothers name may have been Mary. any help will be great!