Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

So want to find my Birth Father.........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kerry

Kerry Report 18 Dec 2007 21:50

Hi
Am still trying to find my birth father od his brother,Martin Thomas Jones born nov 1944 Welwyn Herts to parents Harold and Mary jones nee Westwood or Christopher Harold jones born Feb 1940 to same parents..Their Mother died 11 days after martins birth..I have some info on these brothers but they seem to have vanished into thin air as no one heard or seen anything of them for years..I would give anything and everything just to know my father or just find out about him..Martin was married in 1969 to Madeline Nacy nee Jarred then again in 1971 to Particia Catherine Byrne..
Any help greatly appreciated.
Kerry

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 19 Dec 2007 19:26

Have you tried looking on 192.com? They have the electoral rolls on line.
Good luck,
Liz

Kerry

Kerry Report 21 Dec 2007 19:11

Hi liz...You name it i have tried it...Have even spoken to a Private detective but he says as Jones is such a common name it will cost thousands so i think i will give that one a miss....

Thanks anyway
Kerry

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 21 Dec 2007 19:25

Did he have any children from his 2nd marriage? In an attempt to get away from the Jones name, perhaps he had a daughter who married someone with a more unusual name, or a son with unusual christian names! There are 91 births on Ancestry for Jones, mothers maiden name Byrnefrom 1984 on. Do you know where he might have lived? Was Byrne her maiden name? It may have been a 2nd marriage for her, too.

Kerry

Kerry Report 21 Dec 2007 21:00

Hi Ann...I know he was was married to a Madeline nancy Jarred and they had a daughter Helen Louise born in 1969/70? and he married patricia catherine Byrne,They married at Barnet Hertfordshire in 1971..Ive been told he had a at least two other children by 1975 by Patricia..Patricia was Irish and a nurse in Welwyn Herts (might help)...
Kerry

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 23 Dec 2007 16:59

Kerry

You could go through the Jones births 1971 on, looking for those with mothers maiden name Byrne - well, if it was Byrne. Then you can look for marriages of the children - they are indexed on Ancestry, and try to find them in phone directory or electoral roll.