Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Joseph Tevlin from Meath Ireland c1930

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley

Shirley Report 29 May 2010 16:04

Can anyone help with info on the Tevlin family from Meath Thanks

Shirley

Shirley Report 29 May 2010 16:33

I dont know for sure I think Joseph was born about 1930 I have a feeling his mother was Ann but Im not sure they all came from Co. meath in ireland, I visited there once many years ago and saw all the graves but at that time it wasn't me who was interested. Can you help ?I have tried looking on IGI .
Shirley

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 May 2010 16:44

MARY TEVLIN Pedigree
Female
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: 15 MAY 1869 , Meath, Ireland
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: EDWARD TEVLIN Family
Mother: CATHERINE HELO

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 May 2010 16:45

MARY TEVLIN Pedigree
Female
Event(s):
Birth: 25 MAR 1865 0906, Kells, Meath, Ireland
Parents:
Father: PATRICK TEVLIN Family
Mother: BRIDGET BARDEN
An extracted birth or christening record from Irish civil registration records. The place listed is the county, registration district, and page number of the birth entry; it may not be the actual birthplace.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 May 2010 16:46

JOSEPH TEVLIN Pedigree
Male
Event(s):
Birth: 12 JAN 1867 0874, Kells, Meath, Ireland
Parents:
Father: MATHEW TEVLIN Family
Mother: ANNE SMITH
Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 May 2010 16:47

Thomas Tevlin Pedigree
Male
Event(s):
Birth: 29 NOV 1879 Rathrone, , Meath, Ireland
Parents:
Father: Michael Tevlin Family
Mother: Kate Ledwidge Tevlin

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 May 2010 16:48

THOMAS TEVLIN Pedigree
Male
Event(s):
Birth: About 1880 Of Carnaville, , Meath, Ireland

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 May 2010 16:48

Thomas Tevlin Pedigree
Male
Event(s):
Birth: 1752 Kells, Meath, Ireland

Christening:
Death: 1773

Burial: Kells, Meath, Ireland
Parents:
Father: Mr Tevlin Family
Mother: Rose Casey

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 May 2010 16:49

THOMAS TEVLIN Pedigree
Male
Event(s):
Birth: 07 MAR 1866 0928, Kells, Meath, Ireland
Parents:
Father: HENRY TEVLIN Family
Mother: BRIDGET MATHEWS
Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Shirley

Shirley Report 29 May 2010 16:53

I just found some info Henry Joseph Tevlin may be the correct name died 1977 mother name Ann 1917 is the info I have Pottlereagh Farm? Not sure about any of it

Shirley

Shirley Report 29 May 2010 17:10

From memory Joseph had siblings called Diana
Tom or Tommy James or Jimmy Mary and Ann if it helps

Shirley

Shirley Report 29 May 2010 17:18

They were definatly from Kells Co Meath some of them emigrated to Kent in The 1940's

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 29 May 2010 21:36

Shirley...Only 1 Tevlin Family "Kells" 1911 census..John and Catherine plus family...
See 1911 Census Ireland.
Free to search and download.

Shirley

Shirley Report 29 May 2010 21:38

Where do I find it please.

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 29 May 2010 21:47

Tradesmen...Kells .

Tevlin Jas. Carrick St. Blacksmith
Tevlin M. & Sons Headford Place Auctioneers

Shirley

Shirley Report 29 May 2010 21:49

Thanks I found it

Shirley

Shirley Report 29 May 2010 21:54

7 Carrick Street is an address I already have, trouble is I can not link the Irish side to the English I know that this is the family. I have written notes that Henry Joseph Tevlin lived a t 7 Carrick street.But im not sure which generation he was.

Shirley

Shirley Report 29 May 2010 21:58

What I have is Michael 1955 eldest son of Joseph c 1935 who was also the eldest son of ? I was told he was the eldest son.

Shirley

Shirley Report 29 May 2010 22:05

How do I find the 1901 Irish Census please.

Shirley

Shirley Report 29 May 2010 22:38

OK from the Irish Census I have John Tevlin1834 and Catherine Flood 1849 who had 9 children 2 died by the 1911 Irish census but only 4 are mentioned on the census James, william, John and Mary Kate all single in 1911. Who are the other 3? Any idea's please I have searched the IGI and the Irish Census.