Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Catherine Roberts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Catherine

Catherine Report 21 May 2005 10:09

Can anyone help? I am tring to find the parents or any relatives of Patrick Joyce born c1845 in Galway. He was married to Maria Dempsey and they had sons Michael Joe, William, Peter, James and a daughter Delia. There were probably more children. I don't what part of Galway they came from. Maria came to England (Barrow in Furnace) in the late 1890's with Peter and James (1901) Census. I have found Maria and William's death certificates in Scotland, but have hit walls with all others. Appreciate any help.

Caroline

Caroline Report 7 Jan 2008 23:37

Dear Catherine
my maternal great grandfather was called Michael Joyce, he was born around 1876 in Derryhillagh, Ireland (I think it was Enniskillen?). His father was called Patrick Joyce. I think he married a woman called Catherine Judge but not sure if this is correct. i have not managed to track Michael's arrival to the UK but he ended up in Middlesbrough. I don't know if this is of any help. i suppose I might well be in the same position as you however, i note that you posted this in 2005 so you might have had some success since. I am aware that Patrick and Michael Joyce were pretty popular names in Ireland so it might resemble looking for a needle in a haystack!
Caroline