Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Keenan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 28 Jun 2007 22:24

I am trying to find the original townland of my gr gr grandad Thomas Keenan b c1832. He married Cecilia McCaffrey in St John The Baptist RC Gilford Tullylish County Down in 1854, he did not originate in that town and I think he came from farther South in Kilbroney or Clonallan. His parents were John KEENAN & Ann Lindsay. Thomas & Cecilia came to Johnstone, Scotland in c1856 Cecilia died in 1864 and Thomas remarried to Catherine Donaghie in 1865. Quick but normal then apparantly? Kids: John 1854; Margaret 1856; Sarah & Mary 1857; Elizabeth 1859; Thomas & James 1862*; BABY 1864 died with Cecelia#1...then with Catherine#2 James 1865* & William 1868 * The first James died in 1863. Thomas' brother William married Sarah Thomson in 1850 and brother Arthur married Catherine Trainor 1852 all tullylish. They came to Scotland and Arthur & Catherine left to go to New Haven CT in 1870. There have been 5 waves of Keenans going to USA since. Any news on any of these is welcome Paul Giffnock Scotland