Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ALEXANDER KING OR PARENTS (new request 25/10/10)

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 4 Jun 2009 14:33

Hi could anybody help me please I have changed my request as I dont wont to put another thread on regarding the same person. Thanks for help from this site I have the census for Alexander king and I have been told his mother was from scotland but I am sitll a bit stuck on Alexander's birth date

He should have been born in 1833 Woolwich Kent ? but I still can not find no birth record for him

I have his marriage certificate when he married a Nancy Richards on June 5th 1854 where he was being stated as 21. and both living at 25 King Street Clerkenwell Middlesex,

According to his mariage cert his father was William King who I still can not find on any census but if i got Alexander's birth records I may be then to be able to find a marriage between his parents William and Mary

Thanks for all you time
Debbie

26/06/09
NEW POST BUT TO DO WITH THE SAME FAMILY

I am trying to find the marriage between William King and Mary ?
as you can see from the information already given I cant find Alex birth so I am trying to find a marriage of his parent's to try and give me a lead with my family. I could be wrong but im thinking they could have been married in 1831 or before possible in woolwich kent

I have been looking on Ancestry but I have not picked anything up maybe a pair of fresh eyes will see what ive been missing

Hope somebody will see what ive been missing

Thanks V much
Deb

12/06/10 Still trying to find anythihg on Alexander parents or his birth

25/10/10 still looking

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 4 Jun 2009 14:36

Hi Debbie,

??????????????????

1851 England Census
about Alexander King
Name: Alexander King
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1833
Relation: Son
Parent's Name: Mary
Where born: Woolwich, Kent, England

Civil parish: Woolwich
Town: Greenwich
County/Island: Kent

Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Disability: View Image

Registration district: Greenwich
Sub-registration district: Woolwich Arsenal
ED, institution, or vessel: 13
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 161
Household Members: Name Age
Mary King 50
Alexander King 18
Richard Clarke 57
Charles Mossler 23
James Solase 22
James McGee 24

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 4 Jun 2009 14:40

Thanks Denise
does it say who those other people are in their house ? and i wonder where william was as he was still alive then because it does not say deceed on Alexander's Marriage cert
Thanks
Deb

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 4 Jun 2009 14:44

On that 1851 census return, Mary is a widow and Alexander is a Blacksmith............... what was his occupation on his marriage cert???

All the others are stated as brother........... but on the original image it looks like Boarder.

Dee x

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 4 Jun 2009 14:46

Denise His dad's occupation is really hard to make but it is defently says Shipping somthing
thanks
Debbie

and alexander was a blacksmith

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 4 Jun 2009 15:03

Hi,

I'm still looking..........

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 4 Jun 2009 15:04

Debbie, who were the witnesses on the marriage cert??

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 4 Jun 2009 15:08

Thanks Dee

It is looking that his dad William was deceed in 1854 and he was just not put down as deceed on his marriage cert it does look like him in 1851 as dob and occupaion and area all match up
thanks
deb

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 4 Jun 2009 15:09

It doesn't always say deceased on a marriage certificate, if a father has already died.
My great grandfather had been dead nearly 25 years when his daughter married, but he is recorded there with his occupation, just as if he was alive, with no mention of being deceased.

Gwyn

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 4 Jun 2009 15:09

Dee
the witnesses are William Cowell and Susan Cowell
(think that is what the names say) Cowell looks 100% and so does William Susan could be something else
Deb

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 4 Jun 2009 15:12

Thanks Gwyn
deb

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 4 Jun 2009 15:38

Hi Debbie,

I'm starting to think that maybe Alexander was born in Scotland????????

Dee x

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 4 Jun 2009 15:41

Hi Dee

Well I don't know what to say never in a million years did i think that, wow that has completely thrown me
Thanks
Deb

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 4 Jun 2009 16:27

Hi Dee

I have checked the tree's on this site and their is a couple of Alexander King's born in Scotland one in East Lothian 1832 and the other in Renfrew 1831 I will send them a email and just see if is gives me any leads. Sorry did you get what part of Scotland you think he may have come from
Regards
Deb

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 4 Jun 2009 16:34

Hi Debbie,

It was just that the census in 1851 (which maybe him) stated Mary was from Scotland .............. and the more I think about it the name has a Scottish twang with it also????? Just a gut feeling aswell.

Ideally we would need to find them on the 1861 census and see if any parents are with them......... I've looked but can't see them, however we know both the boys were born in Kent, so Alexander and Nancy maybe in the area in 1861.

Just to add that I traced Nancy back and noticed her brother George was also a Blacksmith, I wonder if that's how Alexander and Nancy met????

Dee xx

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 4 Jun 2009 16:42

Thanks Dee

Sorry to ask what was Nancy's Maidan name , as i dont know anything about her family or her brother George, and it does look like the Blacksmith's are in the family from Nancy;s side. and yes that is proberly how they met

Oh if you are ever in Greater London i think i need to buy you a drink for all your help you have given me
Thanks Again
Debbie

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 4 Jun 2009 16:48

Sorry forget that about her maidan name ive just got so carried away with all this I forgot i have it on her marriage cert ! doh anyway i still owe you a drink :) its mary's maidan name i need oops
thanks again
deb

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 4 Jun 2009 16:51

Regarding finding them on the 1861 census-a lot of Woolwich is missing. (figures)

Maureen

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 4 Jun 2009 16:54

Thanks Maureen
Just my luck but thanks for that. I have emailed the people who have a Alexander King on their tree as being born in Scotland so fingers crossed i may hit the jackpot
thanks for your time in this
Regard
Deb

Debbie K

Debbie K Report 4 Jun 2009 17:14

Sorry Dee
ive searched find my past for nancy richards and i cant find her on the census before she was married and i cant seem to find her could you please send me the info you found sorry to ask and after that i will leave you alone
thanks
deb