Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Kirkbride Family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Samantha

Samantha Report 21 Nov 2007 00:33

Hi I am trying to find any of my fathers family. My father and his siblings were born Liverpool in the 1940s. My father is exremely interested in finding any relations that he may have as he talks about them a lot! His d.o.b is 4/8/43 and he has 4 brothers, 2 whom have passed away and 1 sister. My granmothers name is Jane although I have been told that she was called Elizabeth Mary Jane! Her d.o.b is 13/3/09. Although she died in 1994. My grandfather was called George. His d.o.b was 26/12/?. I know he passed away in 1977. My nans maiden name was Johnson and I believe she had a brother called Eddie, but that is all I know. He also talks of an aunt who emigrated to Australia when he was young roughly just after 1945 called Mable or Martha, we would love to know if this is true and if we did have any relatives over there. We would be really grateful for any help.
Sam

Susan

Susan Report 21 Nov 2007 00:37

Hi Sam

Would be helpful if you could post some details.

Sue

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 21 Nov 2007 01:22

Samantha -- some details on the details you should provide. ;)

Who originated in the 40s? Is that when your grandparents were born? Married? Do you have even a rough idea of when they were born? Your dad must know his parents birthdays!

Do you know when your grandparents might have died -- if they have died?

It sounds like your dad is an only child and his parents have died. Is that it?

Does he know his parents wedding date? Their parents' names? If he doesn't know his grandparents' names, his parents' birth certificates will say.

This is going to find you ancestors rather than cousins, but with the ancestors' names you can go looking for cousins.

If you can provide some of those details, people can point you to where to find more info.