Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find Peter Charles mainprize firth/kitch

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

straydog

straydog Report 8 Aug 2008 12:44

HI being new to message board's I was advised to post so here go'es.
I am trying to find a birth mother also a half brother, a very kind lady called Mary has advised me to post we made contact on GR,

OK the b mother was called Phyllis Rebena kitchin in 1954 and lived at 160 High st Ruislip middlesex her son Peter Charles also lived there at that time approximate age 9yrs.
birth mum was born Phyllis Rebena Mainprize in the town of bridlington east yorks married Henry Firth divorced Henry in late 1952 changed her name to kitchin between 1952 to 1954 were she lived at ruislip since that time cannot find a trace HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please if anyone can help it would be appreciated.
douglas

Diddydoris

Diddydoris Report 8 Aug 2008 13:03

Do you know when she was born?

Diddydoris

Diddydoris Report 8 Aug 2008 13:06

For ref, just found her birth.

Births Sep 1912
Mainprize Phyllis R Summers Bridlington 9d 714

straydog

straydog Report 8 Aug 2008 13:07

she was born 9th july 1912 in Hilderthorpe bridlington

straydog

straydog Report 8 Aug 2008 13:12

she would be 96 yrs old if alive today

Diddydoris

Diddydoris Report 8 Aug 2008 13:12

If you go to the thread below, Bernice might be able to help.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1023243

straydog

straydog Report 8 Aug 2008 13:23

thanks diddydoris will try that

Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Report 8 Aug 2008 13:24

Hi Douglas

Just sent you a pm and then received your one to me re this thread :-))))

Mary

straydog

straydog Report 8 Aug 2008 13:29

Hi Mary
having read the thread do you think I've left anything out douglas

Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Report 8 Aug 2008 13:33

Hi Douglas

No I don't think so, everything you know is there and hopefully one of the very kind people on here will help to find either Peter or (doubtful though cos of her age) Phyllis herself :-)))

Mary

Edit: I'm going to make a start on searching for a marriage for Peter from 1963 onwards......hope he didn't move abroad!

straydog

straydog Report 8 Aug 2008 13:38

Sorry but will be away from PC untill this evening will check back in then
regard's Douglas

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 8 Aug 2008 13:51

There are 2 people on here with Phyllis Mainprize 1912 in their trees one born Humberside, the other Bridlington.

Looking at the births, there is only one Phyllis Mainprize born that year, so I would suggest that, if you haven't already done so, you contact these 2 people

straydog

straydog Report 8 Aug 2008 19:53

Hi Claire

thank's are they old post's or new so I will know where to start looking,

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 8 Aug 2008 19:59

Douglas just put Phyllis' name in the 2 boxes right at the top of this screen & press "Search".

You should get a screen appear with Phillys' name on it twice. Ann has her born in Hull & Martin has Bridlington, I would suggest you try contacting both of these people.

straydog

straydog Report 8 Aug 2008 22:17

hi claire

phyllis was born in bridlington in the sub area of hilderthorpe.
it is not where she was born but where she is know that I am trying to find out.
thank's claire for your help,I do not want to sound as if I do not apreciate your help I do you guys on this site are so helpfull you are all fantastic.

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 8 Aug 2008 22:45

Douglas,

What I'm saying is that 2 other people have Phyllis in their trees.

If you contact them they may be able to tell you what happened to Phyllis or they may even be a close relation to you.

The person who has Phyllis' name & Dob correct but her place of birth wrong may just have been told the wrong place by Phyllis

Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Report 10 Aug 2008 14:42

All marriages for the name Firth searched from 1963 - 1983, found a few for Peter C Firth but none for Peter C M Firth.

Mary

Lost for Words ;-)

Lost for Words ;-) Report 10 Aug 2008 15:20

A long shot but their is this death:

Phyllis Robina S Scarle 15 Jul 1912 Dec 2001 89 Stratton Cornwall

If she had remarried :-)

Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Report 11 Aug 2008 13:49

Just for info: As Douglas has said that Phyllis changed her name to Kitchin - whether by marriage or deed poll? - I have checked all marriages in the name of Kitchin from 1950 - 1983 and found 2 of interest.

Phyllis R Kitchin to James T Barton 1966 Q1
Phyllis R Kitchin to Michael H Allen 1967 Q3

Checked for births for Phyllis R Kitchin from 1930 - 1951.....and found none!! So, either born abroad or 2nd marriage - but feel it is rather a coincidence that 2 Phyllis's were either born abroad or had 2nd marriages around the same time?!!

Douglas, I think it would be a good idea to buy at least one of the marriages I have found.

Mary

Sheila

Sheila Report 11 Aug 2008 14:37

Hi

What name was Peter Charles using as his surname Mainprize, Firth or Kitchen ? may be able to find him for you.