Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Knowlton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Philip

Philip Report 18 Nov 2004 03:11

George Knowlton. Born 11/11/1837 in Lyndhurst, New Forest. Son of John and Ann Knowlton Married Jane Hoare at Alton, Southampton 17/10/1859 Begat 6 kids that I have found so far. George, Robert, Mary jane, Annie janet, James, John Jane went on to move to Worthing with most of the kids where she died on 03/08/1896 and at least 3 of the kids(George-annie janet + John) stayed on in Worthing where there kids live to this day. But i have never found out what happened to George? Did they move to Worthing because he died? did he run off with someone else? emigrate? Any info would be appreciated. Phil.

Carlisle

Carlisle Report 2 Nov 2007 19:52

Philip:
Can't help right now on this specific issue, but am deeply involved in trying to identify current Knowlton lines in the UK; to match with a large USA database.

Can I contact you by direct email?
I am carlisle.knowlton.comcast.net
In Connecticut USA