Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Baby album found in our loft.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gemma

Gemma Report 20 Dec 2007 12:10

I've found an album of a girl called Anna-Lisa Kozma born 11-3-65. There are lots of photos of this baby and her family aswell as hospital tags from the babys Anna and another of a boy born on 2-6-67.

I believe the baby Anna was the lady who lived in my mums house before her. House is in nine acres, kennington.

I really hope to find the lady anna or someone in the family who would really love this album.

Heather

Heather Report 20 Dec 2007 12:34

How sad, have you tried for a name search on here? Its a very unusual name and I guess the boy wont have changed it. So the local phone directory?

Heather

Heather Report 20 Dec 2007 12:35

Wouldnt it be lovely to find her and give her that book. Another unusual name - again.

Tanny

Tanny Report 20 Dec 2007 21:22

Looked at the 2007 electoral roll, unfortunately, they are not listed.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 20 Dec 2007 21:45

Maybe Anna-Lisa married in Kent ?

Name: Anna L Kozma
Spouse Surname: Ferdinand
Date of Registration: Dec 1985
Registration district: Ashford
Registration county (inferred): Kent
Volume Number: 16
Page Number: 52
Find Spouse: Find Spouse

Gwyn

Rachael

Rachael Report 20 Dec 2007 22:50

I found a listing in the 1984 phone book for A Kozma, she may still live there.

British Phone Books, 1880-1984 Releases 1-4
about A Kozma
Name: A Kozma
Address: 27 Kipling Clo
Exchange: Hitchin
City/Town: Hitchin
Directory Title: St Albans
Publication Year: 1984
Directory County: Hertfordshire
Page Number: 516

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 20 Dec 2007 22:57

There are Kozmas all over the place in Canada if that's where they are -- 122 listings in the online phone book, including 3 Alex-s and an Alec.

http://findaperson.canada-411.ca

All in British Columbia, which I'm not, or I'd have offered to deliver it! Now, there are a couple of P Ferdinands closer by ...

Lewella

Lewella Report 20 Dec 2007 23:28

Her post on FR says she is in Toronto. Is there where you found P Ferdinand, Kathryn?

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 20 Dec 2007 23:32

Dang! I thought "CBC" when I read there was a Canada connection, and I was right:

http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/calendar/2001/December2001.html

but it's probably as a producer on Tapestry that I recall the name:

http://www.cbc.ca/tapestry/archives/2001/041501.html

Or well heck, she's currently a producer of Cross-Country Check-up -- I hate call-in shows, even on the CBC, but I do get to listen to it when I'm driving long distances:

http://www.cbc.ca/checkup/contactus.html

Current contact info is right there.

Gemma, are you going to follow up?

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 20 Dec 2007 23:33

There's a P Ferdinand in Mississauga, western reaches of Toronto.

I could just email her at the CBC and tell her to peek in here ...

Lewella

Lewella Report 20 Dec 2007 23:42

Ooo, great idea, Kathryn. A shame for her no to have that album, particularly as she now has a little bub of her own

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 21 Dec 2007 13:56

Gemma --

Have you decided what to do?

To summarize what has been found:

Anna-Liza Kozma is now a producer with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (our equivalent of the BBC). She probably lives in or around Toronto.

You can contact her through the CBC -- or, if you like, I could do it for you; I could telephone her, since I am in Ontario. But you would probably like to write to her and tell her what you have found and want her to have.

I think she would probably be very pleasantly surprised to hear from you!

Tanny

Tanny Report 21 Dec 2007 21:53

n

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Dec 2007 01:17

Gemma, maybe you could let all these people who have helped you in this quest know what you're going to be doing.

Gemma

Gemma Report 22 Dec 2007 10:05

wow!!! thankyou everyone who replied..sorry i only just realised i had replies. im new to this so thought i wud recieve emails to let me know sumone had replied. ok..im gonna read them all and see what you guys found.
:)